Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Becky (Bawtinhimer) Woody

Q1: Rebecca (Becky) Woodby

Q2: Bawtinhimer

Q3: Solon, Ohio (a suburb of Cleveland)

Q4: Sales Rep in the Interior Design field

Q5: Mark Woodby

Q6: Isaac (30)
Caleb (28), wife Kristin, grandsons Owen (almost 2)and Cooper (6 months)
Identical twin Joshua (28), wife Christy

Q7: When I was in the LBC Chorale ('73-'74 year) Gordan was asked to come take over the responsibilities of directing us after Christmas break. That meant leaving his wife and young family sometimes days on end to travel with us. I did not really appreciate what kind of a commitment he was willing to make on our behalf. Although his area of comfort was working with youth and not so much with music, I believed he showed us all we can do much more when we rely on God.

Q8: I cannot name any specific ways in which Gordan has affected my life, however, I believe it has been the small, incremental things we experienced, conversations we had and different personalities I was exposed to while travelling together that helped to shape my life. It has assisted me in being a better team player.

Q9: Six years ago Mark and I were in the sandwich years. Our sons were in college and Mark's parents came to live with us. During the first year his parents were independent, then their health took a nose dive and the burden for their care rested on us. That second year they (combined) spent over 70 days in and out of hospitals and rehab centers. Dymentia, heart surgery, kidney failure for both and numerous other issues tested us. But God was so gracious. Mark was amazing to watch with his parents. I could not have done that alone. We were a team and God was honored because of it. The whole experience sobers you to the realities that lie ahead of us.

Q10: I have been truly blessed. My time at LBC re-enforced what my parents had done at home. I was given a wonderful opportunity to travel this great country of ours, sing before large and small audiences and share my faith with others.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: