Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Doug Maguire

Q1: Doug Maguire

Q2:

Q3: 817 S. 12th St. Lebanon, PA 17042

Q4: Restaurant/Kitchen Manager & Worship Leader

Q5: Dianne Schroeder - 28 yrs (Gerry & Guy's little sister)

Q6: 13 children, 7 boys, 6 girls, 3 grandsons and a beautiful new granddaughter (the kingdom expands)

Sheena, 27, (married Les, with two children, Landon & Elise)
Thayne, 26, (married Erin, with two children, Hudson & Silas)
Tarah, 24 (hoping to marry Brad)
Tessa, 23, (married Josh, one year)
Darby, 21 (soon to be married, Jessica)
Sean, 20 (attending Liberty this fall)
Tyrone, 18
Alaina, 16
Teague, 15
Keegan, 13
Liam, 11
Ande, 9
Maggie, 8

Q7: I didn't know Gordon very well while I was at Liberty. They changed leadership of the LBC Road Chorale (Singers) right before I sang with them in 77/78 and then I joined the Enspalms under David Randlett. Then when I heard about a group of folks heading to Texas to begin a youth work, I talked briefly with Gordon and he invited me to come along. Wow, what a change that made in my life! I attended Marsh Lane Baptist Church with everyone else there and it was during that time that I met Dianne, whose brother Gerry was part of the group from Lynchburg. So I would have to say that although I didn't know Gordon real well, he facilitated the best move that I ever made! So thanks, Gordon!

Q8: Gordon's passion is what always struck me. Even watching from a distance in Lynchburg, Gordon was always enthusiastic, a bit scary, but always passionate. I have attempted to display that life of passion for Christ to my children and have watched as they grow to love Jesus, serve Him in missions, and make godly decisions.

Q9: I have been involved in leading music since prior to Liberty and this passion led me in various direction, including moving from PA to Lynchburg to Rockwall,TX. Time does not permit telling the whole story, but after Texas, I was called to be the worship leader at a church in Bend, OR. It was during the first two years in Oregon that God broke me completely, in every area of my life, my wife and I, with 7 children at the time and with one on the way, (which was nearly always the case with us) lost everything, my health,(diagnosed with a heart disease) my job, our home, our 'stuff', and we were reduced to utter homelessness. I nearly lost Dianne and a baby girl who was born in the backseat of a stationwagon, under tremendous distress. But during that birth, in the midst of all of our physical, emotional, financial and spiritual struggle, God spoke to my heart, CLEARLY, and promised that as He had just delivered my baby girl, there in that car, He would deliver our family. Over the next 6 years in Oregon He restored that which the enemy had stolen and beyond. My wife and I, along with our children were bonded together in a very special way as we walked through this wilderness, being tested to know what was in our heart, preparing us for a good land! We moved back to my home state of PA ten years ago and we have been worship leaders of the same church since then. We faced another attack 5 years ago when we were told by the doctors that our son Sean had a brain tumor. Our faith that was developed during our wilderness gave us strength to go through that time and God delivered our son who will now enter Liberty this fall! Praise God!

Q10: It was a step of faith for me to tell my folks I was leaving Lynchburg and heading with Gordon to Rockwall. But, I would say that that was just another way that the Lord prepared me for the leaps of faith that I would face in the future. From our wedding day at Marsh Lane Baptist, in which many of you participated or attended, our journey has been much like anyone who has a desire to love and serve Jesus, with testings and blessings, trials and triumphs, costs and rewards! One of the most thrilling things to me is for me to look back over 28 years of marraige, and with all these "arrows" of blessings, how God has provided. King David said, "I was young and now I am old, but I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their seed begging for bread." Through the years God has led me to trust Matt.6:33 telling me to seek Him and His righteousness and ALL these things will be added unto me. I have not always been a faithful seeker, but He has always been a faithful God. If you'd like to contact us please do so at dznblessings@juno.com. You may notice that we didn't upgrade our email name after the birth of our last, and I do mean last, 13th blessing, our daughter, Maggie. But she is truly a real blessing! Sorry I rambled, God bless you all.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: