Monday, August 31, 2009

Susie Pence Schliep

Q1: Susie Schliep

Q2: Pence

Q3: Deptford, NJ

Q4: high school English teacher

Q5: David Schliep

Q6: Joshua, Cami, Joanna
grandchild--Alyssa

Q7: How do you isolate just one? And how do you remember exact quotes at my age? Gordon was an example. We wanted to please him, and ultimately, many of us have been involved with ministry our whole lives because of his influence. That's quite the legacy. I will never forget his face while we sang some of those great songs...head back, eyes closed...

Q8: I have been involved in ministry ever since my leaving Liberty. For years, I belonged to a group, Cornerstone, with fellow YA members Buz and Sarge Offenbacker, sang in Randy Smith productions, etc. Now, after a short break my husband David and I are getting involved in a new church in Jersey. David is an amzing keyboard player, so our focus is the worship ministry. All of that stems from what we did in YA/Choral.

Q9: I can't pinpoint just one. My whole life has been an effort to please and serve God. I'm definitely not perfect, but my father defined failure as "giving up" and success as a tenacious resolve to never give up. That advice has steered me through challenging relationshipe, child-rearing, a bout with cancer, and other events. As Christians, we are so blessed to live a transformed life because God is constantly honing and teaching us. So I would say that life is the on-going adventure that God uses to constantly transform me.

Q10: Yes, this to Gordon and Dottie. It's been a long time, and I can't wait to see you. Dottie, I so appreciated your letters, which came at a time I was fighting cancer, and Gordon, I am grateful how you rescued Cami and her team in California. I have so much to tell you!!!


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: