Monday, May 11, 2009

Bob Miller

Q1: Bob Miller

Q2:

Q3: Forest, Virginia

Q4: Self-employed

Q5: Debi (Ivins) Miller - the love of my life!

Q6: Andrea (1983) is married to Brandon Webb - they live in Lynchburg and have a child, Bentley (our first grandchild).
Alyssa (1984) is married to Jason Pantana - they live in Nashville where Alyssa is a nurse and Jason (with Josh, his twin) are writing and recording.
Amanda (1989) is married to Kenny Pate - they live in Lynchburg where Amanda is a pastry chef (owns OMySugar.com) and Kenny teaches aviation at Liberty.
Alydia (1991) is a freshman at Liberty.

Q7: Favorite memories of Gordon are seeing him work at Scaremare, traveling on the road, and listening to him share his vision! The other area of his life has been his commitment to his calling and the ability to endure difficult times. My favorite quote is that "leadership is lonely at the top".

Q8: The greatest impact of Gordon's ministry has been meeting my wife, Debi. Although we both are products of YA, it was at different times in the ministry.
Also, I would have to say that the ability to endure challenges and difficulties without giving up has had a tremendous impact on my life.
Today, God has blessed us with leading a ministry of prayer for my pastor each week, an opportunity to write, and the chance to work with young church planters. God is good.

Q9: This whole life is an adventure . . . We have had three major crisis points in our lives. One was leaving vocational ministry after going through a devasting church situation in Los Gatos, California. God had allowed us to go through the proverbial wringer and we were done. We still loved ministry . . . we were just not going to recieve a paycheck anymore from a church. Two, twelve years ago, Debi and I faced a crisis point in our relationship. Through mistakes and errors, we were faced with ceasing our relationship or continuing through pain and rebuilding. We chose to rebuild . . . and I am so thankful we did. The grace of God has allowed us to build a marriage that is stronger and dependent on Him. We celebrated 27 years together in 2009. Third, during the past three years, we have faced an incredible challenge with my dad. Through circumstances and challenges, he has ceased having a relationship with us, his grandchildren and his great-grandson. Although he will not talk with me and no longer allows me to call him dad . . . I still reach out to him every day. Since March of 2009, I have written and mailed him a thank you note everyday. I have thanked him for major lessons that he has taught me and simple fun times we have shared. It is my way of talking with him each day and building a bridge of love.
Q10: Debi and I are so thankful for our family and the way God continues to bless. He is a good God!


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: