Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Doris McCaskill Whitley

Q1: Doris Whitley

Q2: McCaskill

Q3: Asheboro, NC

Q4: Substitute teacher, work in greenhouse and nursery industry

Q5: Jack Whitley

Q6: Ben Whitley age 23
Karla Whitley age 20
Clay Whitley age 18

Q7: I remember how passionate Gordon was about serving the Lord and how he passed that passion on to us. (Get all excited.) He inspired me during youth classes when he talked about the ministry of Henrietta Mears and how she influenced so many young people. I wanted to be a Christian woman of influence like her.

Q8: Gordon's lessons in youth classes and my experiences in Youth Aflame deepened my burden for young people which has benefited me as I have taught children in SS classes, in Awana, and taught in Christian schools and public schools for several years. The mission trips to Australia and S. Korea were life changing and I have passed these lessons to my own children.

Q9: For the past twenty years,I have lived with clinical depression. For someone who had previously been very happy, hardly ever in a bad mood, this has been a trial. I fasted, prayed, and begged God to take it away, but He has chosen to allow me to walk through this sometimes very lonesome pathway. I believe that I have a closer relationship with God due to my depression because I have to rely and trust God like never before. God has allowed many hurting people to come across my path and I have been able to minister to them because I understand their experiences and I can share how God can help them. Because of depression, for many years I was unable to teach full time so I stayed home with my three children and was a full-time Mom. I am so thankful for those precious years with my children and for the time we home schooled. God has taken something that I would have considered a curse and turned it into a blessing.

Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: