Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paul Halsey

Q1: Paul Halsey

Q2:


Q4: Missions Mentor for CrossWorld

Q5: Kim (Davidson) Halsey

Q6: Children: Amber, Curtis, Katie, Caleb

Q7: I remember walking out of Youth classes pumped up and ready to tackle about anything. I knew I was at the most exciting place on earth and being prepared to help young people be all that they could be for God's glory.

Q8: Although I never really carried on conversations with Gordon personally as a student I know God had our lives intersected at a very influential time in my life. His life, passion, and words impacted me as a mentor and challenged me to expect more of myself and not make excuses.

Q9: Gordon allowed me as a youth major to align myself for two years with SMITE. For that I am thankful. After graduation in 1981 what God had place in my heart for both young people and missions led Kim and me to the Philippines for 14 years of wonderful youth ministry on a missionary team. After 10 more years with CrossWorld back in Philadelphia as the Short Term Missions Coordinator we have now moved back to Lynchburg to mentor missions-minded students for effective long-term missionary service through CrossWorld. I never thought I would be living in Lynchburg again, but it seems that God wants us to finish the race right back here where it started. God has been so faithful and gracious to Kim and me over the years.

Q10: For any of us with children, the absolutely most important youth ministry we will ever be involved in is our ministry to them. My wife Kim has been a wonderful wife and mother for the past 28 years. She is now an educational therapist with NILD at LCA.
Amber graduated from LU and is a video editor.
Curtis is a private pilot, got married to a terrific young woman named Kristi this summer and I got to perform the wedding!
Katie is going to CVCC here in Lynchburg.
Caleb is at Marines boot camp in Parris Island SC this summer '09 and striving for the Iron Man award.
By God's grace all our children are walking with the Lord.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: