Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rick Lawrenson

Q1: Rick Lawrenson

Q2: I was never a maiden

Q3: Kitty Hawk, NC

Q4: Lead Pastor of Nags Head Church

Q5: Gail Ballentine since June 18, 1977

Q6: Children: Nathan Lawrenson, Sarah Moore, Rachel Sanchez
Grandchildren: Gwyneth Rose Lawrenson; another one due in April, 08

Q7: I think it's a composite memory of him teaching the Intro to Youth class in the old TRBC sanctuary and the passion he had to "motivate others to brilliant effort". I was excited about my calling after every class...even though I had to take it twice.

Q8: Gordon exhibited a "whatever it takes" attitude that compelled him to leave home and go on the road to save LBC. That was a huge sacrifice, not only to his family, but to his students. But he was able to see the big picture.

Likewise, as a leader I am always looking at the big picture and realize that sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Q9: The most transforming have been the most painful. One was when I was left hanging by people who should have been loyal to me and I was out of ministry for 4 years. God used that experience and those years to mold me.

The second has been this past year, watching my son's wife risk her life to give birth to a miracle child, then go through a double lung transplant and now cancer. Walking with them through this has taught me much about trusting God.

Q10: I'm looking forward to the reunion. To read about so many via the Facebook page has been a great encouragement and a lot of fun. Let's rock the LU campus that week!


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: