Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Randy Stemm

Q1: Randy Stemm

Q2:

Q3: Nunnelly, TN (Nashville area)

Q4: Field Sales--Territory Manager/Director of Field Sales-Provident Music Dist.

Q5: (Single)

Q6:

Q7: At our Baccalaureate service,(1974) Gordon, thinking I was involved in a prank--"School's Out For Summer" by Alice Cooper--blaring out thru the Thomas Road sound system during Dr. Jerry's message, grabbed me from behind, while I was seated with my parents. I had nothing to do with it, but my famous roommate--Robbie Hiner--did! He had mentioned the possibility of doing something mischevious, but I had honestly forgotten all about it, so I was as shocked, and embarassed as everyone else when it actually happened!! By the way, Dr. Falwell handled the situation beautifully!

Q8: Gordon, I honestly thought you were a rough and tough guy until I saw your heart! Your love and concern for your students and your kids was unmistakable. I was somewhat rebellious, and was not part of Youth Aflame while at Liberty, but God did a major work in my life after graduation!

Q9: First, this is an ongoing process! In the fall of 1975, after working at a Christian radio station in Waterloo, IA, I auditioned with the Life Action Singers during a week-end visit to the area. I was invited to join as a tenor, and spent the next 3 years with Life Action. God used men like Vernon Brewer, Del Fehsenfeld, and several others. My life and my commitment to the Lord has never been the same! I wouldn't trade those 3 years (1975-78)for anything in the world!

Q10: God has been faithful! After Life Action, I joined the staff of Tabernacle Baptist Church and Christian School in Springfield, TN to launch a new Christian radio station. I taught 7th through 9th grade while trying to get the station running. Sadly, the station never materialized, but working in Christian Music (sales) then became my career--Brentwood Records to Light Records to Sparrow Records (EMI-CMG Distribution) to Provident Distribution (Sony/BMG) It has been a joy to work at something I love, and has been life-changing in it's sphere of influence. Getting to know, and work with the artists is another huge blessing! I've been truly blessed!!


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


1 comment:

Rick Lawrenson said...

"Stan Randall" - it's good to hear what God has done in your life.