Thursday, September 25, 2008

Doug Randlett

Q1: Doug Randlett

Q2:

Q3: Lynchburg, VA

Q4: Executive Pastor, Thomas Road Baptist Church

Q5: Jane

Q6: Mark (38) and Kristi (Nelson): Lindsie Ann (6), Maddie (3)
Scott (36) and Tammy (Garcia): Hunter (6), Kaden (3)

Q7: In 1976 while a music/youth minister in NC I sat on the back steps to the baptistry at TR with Gordon while attending a Super Conference. I was asking for help in my ministry. Gordon stopped me in my tracks and asked me about my calling; was I called to youth ministry or not. I left that conference and went back to NC. I took a 3 month leave from my church, moved to Lynchburg (left my wife and boys in NC) and came here to observe how youth ministry is done. About a month later I told my pastor that I was called to youth ministry. I ended up at TR in 1978 to join the middle school staff with Dave Adams.

Q8: "Your role as a youth pastor is to discover your leaders goals, make them your goals and help him succeed in reaching those goals." I've spent the past 30 years living out that exhortation from Gordon.
AND, he trained Dave Adams who was my boss for 16 years.

Q9: WOW. I spent 21 years at TRBC and LU (through 1998). Teaching Introduction to Youth Ministry for 20 years at LU was absolutely transformational. Thousands of students (youth ministry and elective students) were challenged to do church youth ministry somewhere on planet Earth. What an incredible opportunity to shape young lives!

Q10: After 9 years in south Florida at Christ Fellowship (Palm Beach Gardens) I was asked by Jonathan Falwell to move back to Lynchburg to assist him in fulfilling the vision God has given him. I returned in October 2007. This past year has been one of the most blessed of my life.



Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: