Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Amy (Payne) Mosby

Q1: Amy Payne Mosby

Q2: Amy Payne

Q3: Jacksonville, FL

Q4: ESL teacher, public school substitute teacher

Q5: David Mosby

Q6: Neil-24, Nate-22

Q7:

Q8: I did not serve under Gordon but he had a wider influence than just those on his teams. I thought so much of him even from a distance. I was under Larry Colclasure's leadership throughout my high school years. He was the best example of a Godly man I could have ever observed outside my family and his marriage to Sheila and their family life was such an excellent example for me. I even got to babysit their boys! I would say he and, later, Roscoe Brewer, were the two most influencial men in my life.

Q9: My first marriage ended and I was a devastated single mother of two young sons. My faith collapsed because it was based on some faulty foundations. I went back to my roots, turned to the Bible, returned to church and re-read some of my books from my high school and college years and God slowly rebuilt my relationship with Him until I was completely transformed! It ended up being a great blessing in my life and my sons' lives. I got married, 15 years ago, to a wonderful Christian man that I met at church and my new husband adopted my sons. We have been very committed to missions, inner-city ministries and teaching English to immigrants and refugees.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


1 comment:

robin schmitt said...

Amy, I am sorry for the difficult trials you've had, but glad that you have found God faithful and that you are serving Him. I hope you can come to the reunion in September. I'd love to see you again after all of these years.

Robin Boeck Schmitt