Thursday, July 30, 2009

Christy (Clayton) Cousineau

Q1: Christy (Clayton) Cousineau

Q2: Clayton

Q3: Dallas, TX

Q4: Human Resources Professional-Corporate Trainer & Consultant

Q5: Robert Cousineau

Q6: Stepdaughter: Renee
Step grandchildren: Michael & Timothy

Q7: Some of my fondest memories of Gordon are:

•He was the best grammar teacher I ever had. “Where are we at?” was not acceptable.

•Warming-up vocally and spiritually before concerts. Teaching us the importance of having our hearts in-tune with the Lord before we could minister to others.

•I can see him now…as he directed us in song…pointing to his heart, eyes closed and tears streaming down his face,singing along with us in worship to God.

•Not making eye contact with Gordon so he wouldn’t ask you to give a testimony. Well, that didn’t work. He wouldn’t let you get away with that. He would have your singing partner elbow you. He would get your attention one way or another!

Q8: Little did I know 'then' the impact that Gordon’s ministry would have on my future career. But God did!

My ministry is to the marketplace. Gordon’s leadership model impacted the positions that I’ve had as a leader working for companies like, Southwest Airlines and Citigroup…and now in my own business, going into companies and organizations to teach leadership principles to senior leaders, managers and frontline employees, helping them to reach their full potential.

Thank you Gordon, for being a great mentor to me. I’m so thankful you were obedient to God and you were right where you were suppose to be back in the 70’s! Your faithfulness enriched my life.


Q9: Through the years I’ve struggled with the question, “God, what’s my purpose?”. Then one day I was reading a passage of scripture I had read many times and God switched on the light bulb and I realized THIS IS IT! It was so simple! Philippians 3:10 “That I may know Him”. That is my purpose! I quit looking for the next big thing around the corner…a promotion, relationship or life event that would validate my existence. In every season of my life, no matter what the circumstance, if I seek to know as much about Jesus Christ as I possibly can, He will show me through His word, lead me in the right direction and use my life to influence someone along the way. It was so freeing!!

Q10: I am looking forward to seeing everyone in September! :)


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: