Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rick Wells

Q1: Rick Wells

Q2:

Q3: Charlotte, North Carolina

Q4: Regional Sales Manager for Karl Storz Endoscopy of America

Q5: Susie Wells

Q6: We have a blended family. Susie and I both lived through divorces and we have 7 children between us.
I have 3 sons, Cameron 23, Phillip 21, Preston 18.
Susie has an adopted son Kyle 21, Ashley 18, Amanda 17 and Amy 16.
My oldest son has a daughter , she is 2 1/2 and her name is Indali.

Q7: I traveled with Youth Aflame for one year, and I can't recall much from that year at all.
I do remember Gordon telling a group of youth majors that "if God was calling you to be a youth pastor, you would not be able to do anything else." At that point in my life, that was a very liberating statement. The next year I walked on to the Liberty Baseball team and developed some very close spiritual friendships.
Gordon's comment sent me in another direction.

Q8: I didn't know Gordon very well. I worked in sound and we were always crawling around on the floor somewhere and not mingling much. I regret not having a chance to get to know Gordon better.
I came to Liberty without a dime and I would have never been able to stay if it wasn't for Gordon's generosity with a scholarship.


Q9: I would say that going through a divorce is the single most significant thing that God has used. That event developed an intense desire for an intimate relationship with Christ.
50% of the population is divorced and what Satan intended for bad God has used for Good!
I took almost 15 years for me to be able to write that last sentence and embrace it.


Q10: The most significant thing that I have learned since college.

Life is not about Heartache, and life is not about Happiness, but it is about looking for opportunities to please our Lord and Savior each day.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: