Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ashley Teel

Q1: Ashley Teel

Q2:

Q3: Jacksonville, Fl

Q4: Dir. of Technology and Bible Teacher

Q5: Perri Teel (LU 1989)

Q6: Michael (19)
Matthew (16)
Brittany (13)


Q7: Over the past 25 years I have often taught leadership classes to adults and teenagers. Every class always hears the following definition of leadership: "Leadership is stimulating others to brilliant effort."

I just shared the following recently with a group of young people discussing God's calling. "A youth pastor is equal in calling, but subordinate in position to the pastor."

I enjoyed traveling and seeing the Lord do some great things in high schools and youth rallies across america.

Q8: Gordon taught me to dream big and always to perform ministry with excellence. I am so grateful he gave a shy kid from North Carolina the opportunity to travel across America and see how God can perform miracles.

I have also spent most of my ministry life helping others reach the vision God has given them. He taught us to lead from the pack.

I believe Gordon taught us a great deal about leadership that today people spend hundreds of dollars to learn.

In 1993, I was attending a John Maxwell Seminar and I thought back to the little green paperback book on leadership we studied in youth classes. I have used that book over the years to remind me what leadership is and to teach others.

We were exposed to the best in leadership training.

Q9: I have had the opportunity to serve as a youth pastor, church planter, christian education director and school teacher.

I have served in churches from 15 to 2000, however the greatest impact has come from investing in the lives of young men and women. I will always be a youth pastor at heart and will always have a passion to see young people reach great heights for Christ.

Gordon you made a difference in my life and in the lives of those to whom I have ministered.

Q10: To Gordon and all those I traveled with THANK YOU for sharing your life with me.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: