Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jim Bates

Q1: Jim Bates

Q2:

Q3: Greer, SC

Q4: Associate Campus Minister/Director of Athletic Ministries

Q5: Becky (Elwell) Bates

Q6: Brad and Cherie Bates, son and daughter-in-law
Jamie Bates, daughter
Chris and Lyndsey Bates, son and daughter-in-law
Rhylee Bates- granddaughter

Q7:

Q8: His commitment to youth ministry has kept the focus of my ministry on youth regardless of what and where I was serving. It has led me full circle back to college ministry where I rediscovered my passion for ministry.

Q9: The years of ministry have been interesting, to say the least. Serving as a Christian school teacher, a youth minister, and a pastor took me in directions never anticipated. Out of the frustrations of ministry God gave me a restored joy and passion as He opened up the opportunity to work with college students. It was like finding out what you want to be when you grow up at the age of 49. However, I would not want to change anything about the journey.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: