Monday, October 13, 2008

Alan Read

Q1: Alan Read

Q2:

Q3: Winder, GA

Q4: 7th grade math teacher, part-time music pastor

Q5: Deborah Read (Fentress)

Q6: Micah (wife: Jamie, daughter: Adisen)
Ana (husband: Arturo),
Elijah

Q7: "five minutes folks!" This meant we should have been at the church an hour earlier, the audience is pouring in and we have to get off the bus, changed and set up to sing pronto!)

"If this chorale is not what God wants it to be, then it is YOUR fault; don't blame anyone else. If you are right with God and filled with His Spirit, then God will use you to accomplish what HE wants and make the group what He wants through His work in YOU!"

Q8: Gordon was a mentor, vision imparter, and spiritual bulldog. He dethroned me early on and taught me to follow God's leadership. He inspired me to see the mission field of youth and taught me it was a far greater ministry to have the heart of Christ capture me than my talent capture an audience for one night.

Q9: There have been so many and each unique. One that comes to mind, involving Gordon, was singing in Seattle when Led Zeppelin was performing in the civic arena next to where we were. I will never forget the vision of thousands of young people worshipping at the altar of an American culture that represented the best Hell had to offer. It broke my heart.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


No comments: