Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Benjy McCann

Q1: Dr. Benjy McCann

Q2:

Q3: El Dorado, Arkansas

Q4: Pastor of East Main Baptist Church for 11 yrs.

Q5: Alma Joy (Hargett) McCann for 33 yrs.

Q6: Jennifer (27) RN living in Anchorage Alaska with her husband at Farmloop Christian Center. Has 2 children age 2 and 4mo.
Mandi (24)Trama RN living in Columbia S.C with husband finishing his degree in Missions.
Jonathan (21) in Lynchburg finishing Willmington School of Bible

Q7: The seemingly endless nights of preparing for Scare Mare and the great harvest of people saved as result.
Favorite saying "We got alot to do in a short period of time, so let's get busy!"

Q8: I transferred in as a Jr. from East Tex. Baptist College and needed to catch up on subjects in youth ministry curriculum to graduate on time. Gordon did everything he could to help me and I graduated out on time. Plus, without a doubt, Gordon's love for youth inspired me to give 13 yrs. of my ministry to youth before entering the Sr. pastorate. Even being a pastor I love our young people like they are my own.

Q9: The birth of my 3 children who have been nothing short of joy and blessing throughout life and who are now all serving the Lord faithfully. The unfailing love and patience of my wonderful wife of 33 yrs.


Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you live
Q4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkids
Q7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affected
Q9 Walk with God | Q10 Other


1 comment:

robin schmitt said...

I have such fond memories of being in the Singles class (or was it College & Career at that time?) under the ministry of you and Alma Joy. You were both a part of our wedding and I've thought about you a lot over the years. I hope you are coming to the reunion. I would love to see you again.