Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Anita Ferrante

Q1: Anita Ferrante
Q2: Lewis
Q3: California
Q4: Educator
Q5: Mark
Q6: I have two beautiful, intelligent, sweet girls. Jessica my eldest and Becca my baby.
Q7: Arriving in Korea and then going to a TV studio the next day to sing in Korean. Yikes! Walking behind Gordon through those dusty streets and calling him Mokesime or just "The Moke".
Q8: During my first year at Liberty I took a Youth Ministries class to see what all the "hype" was about Youth Majors. I did not know what was in store for me. Sitting in one of Gordon's classes after seeing his passion and love for the youth I caught the bug.

It has been one great ride. I have worked with youth all my life in some form or the other. And it all started with my curiosity of those guys and girls in the maroon Youth Major jackets.

I still work with youth albeit they are about 3 feet tall. But you can never start too early!
Q9: When we had Youth Conferences I would often listen to a speaker by the name of Bill Stewart. He was also another man with vision and passion and Gordon called him the "Godfather of Youth".

During my Senior year one of the teams came here and ministered at a church called First Baptist. One of my good friends told me "you have got to go there". So with nothing to lose I checked into the ministry and was thrilled to find out it was the church where Bill Stewart was the Youth Pastor/Administrator!

As Bill wrote in his letter to me...You can move here "lock, stock and barrel" and see what the Lord has in store for you. So that is what I did however, it was only one duffel bag.

I began a life and several ministries here. God brought my wonderful husband into my life, blessed me with my teaching career and all because He lead me to take one Youth class at Liberty.



Being a Youth Major will always be a part of me. I still quote some of the things I was taught there though the great people in the Liberty Youth Department. And I have made life long friends that I can just "pick up" where I left off.

My other adventure and transformation was after trying for two years, then a preemie baby the miracle of my two children. God taught me to trust in Him and wait in His time. With his timing all things are perfect.

Q1 Name | Q2 Maiden name | Q3 Where do you liveQ4 Occupation | Q5 Spouse | Q6 Kids/grandkidsQ7 Memory/quote of Gordon | Q8 Career affectedQ9 Walk with God | Q10 Other

No comments: